It wasn’t best day for me today to paint.. almost like I had some clumsy art block.. I split gold paint on wood.. I paint elements then didn’t liked so I had to eraser them using wet rug… I was keep doing one step forward and one back.. at the end not much has changed.
This dragon takes so much time but I learn heaps with it! Currently I wonder if I did not created to difficult model to rig and animate.. but for totally basic animation I think I should be fine : )
I have created low poly teeth and forgot to unwrap 1st two different teeth in order to save some work with unwrapping but thankfully I find solution and use super useful method of Transferring UV map (Ctrl+L)
Once all was retopologized I could start unwrapping. First attempt of unwrap with already planed seams was rewarding.. although as most of us know it is not all that easy 🙂 (I will upload final UV layout once this dragon will be finished)
I have quickly tested how textures will work
Then I try this dragon out quickly in Quixel
I know, nothing impressive yet but it is only testing stage. : )
Hello today I will show you screenshots from few days work. Getting right looking topology took me a while and give me a bit of headache.. but still I’m happy what I have achieved so far 🙂
I applied shirnikwrap before I finish all model as I wanted make more changes to dragon body, like moving slightly backward front legsin order to do that I had to detach front legs and slide them back a bit as they were looking a bit odd. I think now they look bit better.
I had to retopologise this model a bit (moving back and forward as I kept destroying it’s topology). In mid time I have created low poly wing and attached it to dragon body : )
Making wings membrane:
..and mirroring model once again:
Probably you notice already that I make low poly horns and mount membrane what is only left are teeth, tongue and head topology fix then I can start unwrapping model! 😀 Hurray!
Tonight “table” preparation : DCreating ghost of Cockatoo Bringing parrot to lifeLooking back at today work together with all previous paintings : )
Most of Avian on this painting are unfinished… as Cockatoo which is missing own claws and Fairy Wren that temporary loose its tail : P
I spend today great amount of time on retopologising dragon by using shrinkwrap… at the beginning I though all goes well as planned .. but now I feel like to many things is wrong about this dragon… I will have to do some research and check how other artist create topology around their creatures because I’m failing at some areas.
After a bit of research… my first step was to fix wings position.. no clue honestly why I model them this way.. such a silly mistake!
Then I move to re-doing topology and trying to get nice flow.. it gives me a bit of headache but I feel determinate to make it look right.
I was moving back and forward constantly and still can’t see end of this project.. I all the time see something what should be fix or improved… maybe I was to ambitious to start with dragon model? But doesn’t matter .. I will finish it!
Its been a while since my last post about this piece : ) I make a bit of progress and my lovely client Lisa seen the work in person already and she likes it! I wonder what she will say when she will see this massive magpie : D hope she will love this cheeky bird as I do (until they get mean and in evil way start swooping people and pull of their hair – expect this horror time they are actually cute, smart and not evil at all : D..) anyway to much blabla probably you would like to see progress : )
Moving forward with this model : ) at the moment slowly but surly ^^
….and now time for shrikwrap experiment. Probably I do it totally wrong.. I bet that there are better ways how to do it.. but well I’m learning and hopefully soon I will discover my favorite methods : )
Hello everyone! I receive wonderful commission for coffee table : ) My mission is only to paint this beauty:
Client already have prepared base for her table.. where she gets those pretty legs from! I can’t wait how it will look like when it will be assembled together : )
Theme: Australian Fauna & Flora / Client garden with some of aves visitors.
List of visitors: rainbow lorikeets, blue faced honeyeater, striped honeyeaters, magpies, currawongs, butcher birds, azure kingfisher, kookaburra, tawny frogmouth, king parrots and a spangled drongo.
Favorite flower / tree: flowering gum
Sketch of Spangled Drongo and Kookaburra that I done when I was waiting for wood:
I find Flowering Gum to be challenging to draw/paint.. so I decide do something out of my comfort zone for practice how to draw this plat.. I have used PaperMate and Pitt artist pens to sketch this samples… (no ctrl+z : ‘D)
I will now probably make plan where and what I will want to draw on this piece of wood in Photoshop program.. or if that wont go to well then I will start sketching straight on the wood : )
Planing in the Photoshop did’t work out well .. so I move straight to sketching on the wood and here is sneak peak from today progress